Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Illinois

I live in chicago, illinois. Can you tell me the law and statute under the law that if a woman has aman living at her hone/apertment, if she calls the police and says she wants him out of her place, he has to go even if he has been paying all of her bills for years? If there is a such a law, will you tell me the section and chapter so I can see this for myself.

Asked on 5/29/13, 9:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Chen Kasher Chen Kasher

Yes, it's called criminal trespass, and it applies to both "owners and occupants." 720 ILCS 5/21-3.

Read more
Answered on 5/30/13, 8:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Illinois