Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Illinois

I worked for a major company for almost 19 years, during that time I was called several names that not only did the vice president and the asst. Vice president but my colleagues joined in too. ( gator, joey the lung, the whore of Chicago, fag) over the years I took it due to that it was my job and I had a family to support. I did once complain to hr and they were more worried to who they were talking to. But there answer was I have to due what ever my asst. Vp said even if it was to were a blue dress. I knew that this was wrong but my wife was seriously sick at the time and I could afford to loose my job. They even ecussed me of sexual harassment of another's employees wife. About 2 years ago my wife and I decided to transfer to another state hoping for a new start. I choose to step down temporarily knowing that I would get reinstated. We used my wife's health so that we could get a fresh start. My Corp executive even told my not to worry, that I did the best thing based on the companys mato. So I moved my family across country and nothing really changed. They used my experience to help others. During 18 months I saw 11 people with less seniority get promotion over me, they moved my 5 times in 10 months. When I asked what was going on with my career it was referred to winning the lotto, I was dumped into the region. I left this year after that comment, I couldn't take it anymore. I know that this a private company and the have there rules but does it include destroying my selfisteam. I left on great terms, no conflict, I returned home with my family but they stolen my selfisteam, they made me feel that I'm noting. I have looked online about this but it said I only had 90 days to report and its passed that. I feel that its not right for a company to treat its employees in this manner.

Asked on 8/19/13, 5:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Betty Tsamis Tsamis Law Firm PC

Please do yourself a favor and do two things: speak to a qualified employment attorney about any legal remedies you might have and seek a competent counselor to address your issues of feeling diminished self esteem.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/13, 5:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Illinois