Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Illinois

Financial obligation of son

I am being billed by a health care facility for money owed even though my mothers' care was paid for with her social security check and Illinois public aid. All I did was forward her Soc. Sec. deposit to the health care facility when I received a billing statement. Now they say I owe $2768. What do I do?

Asked on 6/10/01, 5:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lawrence A. Stein Aronberg Goldgehn Davis & Garmisa, LLC

Re: Financial obligation of son

Unless you received some of your mother's assets, or you agreed to pay her bill, you have no liability for her bill.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/01, 12:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Illinois