Legal Question in Elder Law in Illinois

Hello, my grandmother lives in cook county illinois. She is approx 93 years old. She has been moved by my cousin and we don't know where she has been moved to. My cousins says she has power of attorney but wont produce any documents proving this and won't tell us where my grnadmother is being kept. We are very worried about her, My mother, who lives in Texas is 74 years old and is very concerned and worried and heartbroken about not being able to see or talk to her mother. We are trying to find out the next steps to locating her and getting an order or something to be able to see her and find out about her physical and mental well being. Any advice wold be appreciated.

Asked on 11/07/19, 8:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steve Raminiak Law Offices of Steve Raminiak, P.C.

Contact the Adult Protective Services agency which serves your grandmother’s last known address, or your cousin’s address. You can find this by visiting:

Read more
Answered on 11/07/19, 8:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Illinois