Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I was divorced in Cook County, I'LL on 5/6/08. The decree included a QDRO that was not submitted or pre-approved by Fidelity. Neither attorney contacted Fidelity for specific QDRO guidelines. Both attorney submitted QDROs that were deemed as "not qualifed" as they did not adhere to the changes requested by Fidelity. As recommended by Fidelity I used their QDRO website to create a new QDRO that made all the changes requested in the letters sent to both attorneys. The original QDRO in the decree gives him a flat 21.300. Now he won't sign and wants more money for outstanding marital debt. Can he do that? I am currently unemployed and am waiting on an SSI judgement and have no cash coming into my household. I really need my share of my 401K

Asked on 6/16/12, 1:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Gotzh Law Office of David Gotzh

Judge's sign QDRO's in a manner consistent with the original judgment. Not you, not your ex.

Read more
Answered on 6/16/12, 2:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois