Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

Can a judge b sued for a wrongful decision ? The judge has evidence that a child has not been sexually molested and dcfs has not found anything yet the judge gave temporary custudy to the father who made up all allegations.

Asked on 10/21/13, 11:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.

The only way to "sue" a judge is to appeal their decision. Not all orders are appealable, however. It would take many pages to explain what is appealable and what is not.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/13, 1:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois