Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I am paying child support but am making less money than i was when it was established. I also was never given the opportunity for a paternity test by the state of north carolina. Is there anything I can do?

Asked on 6/14/10, 8:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg Shimberg and Crohn, P.C.

That is a question for a North Carolinian lawyer, not an Illinois lawyer. But if it were in Illinois, you could have appealed that decision when it was made, or at the time of the entry of the final judgment. If you did not appeal, then it may be final. As to your current situation, you need to file a motion to modify the support in the court where the order was entered.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/10, 4:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois