Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

Recently I had my child support increased 200 a month, c.s.e. has n creased it by $400 month, do I need to go back to court or go to c.s.e.? They are impossible to reach by phone, and don't respond to email. I am in Illinois.

Asked on 8/01/13, 6:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.

It depends why and where your support was increased. If it is because of a claimed arrearage and you dispute the arrearage, then you need to go where the order was entered, be it court or administrative agency. If it was increased, that was done by order. You should have received notice of that proceeding. If you did not, do to the administrative agency or court. If you did receive notice, you legally had your chance and ignored it.

Read more
Answered on 8/02/13, 4:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois