Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois


We are in a post decree in Illinois. Matters up for decision are child support and college contribution. Neither of us live in the county where it is being heard(cook). Am I able to get it moved into a county where one of us lives without it being ruled on by the current judge?

Asked on 1/12/09, 10:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Motty Stone Law Offices of Motty Stone

Re: Venue

If both of you agree to have it moved, you should be able to transfer the case. But if you are doing so to avoid a ruling, you probably will not succeed. The judge who heard the case will likely rule and then transfer it for future hearings.

Read more
Answered on 1/12/09, 10:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois