Legal Question in Federal Tort Claims in Illinois


Are there any cases where fathers are denied visitations to their children in the state of illinois?

My husband and are going through divorceIdo not want my husband to have visitations. He was in jail for 60 days for domestic battery against me. He doesn't bother with his daughter, he is not

working. No child support. He told me that I put him in jail and he is very angry with me. I have an order of protection against him for myself and daughter. He wrote very graphic sexual letters

to his girlfriend, while in jail and he got into a fight also. He beat his first wife too. I am his second. My main concern is my daughter, who is nine months old. He is a very angry man and when he doesn't get his way, he goes nuts. His mother gave him up and a chnd she was committed to mental facility. My husbnd is nuts and there is no telling what he will do. What can I do to protect my daughter from this man. In his letters to girlfriend it was about torture

sexual. He is very sick. How can I prove to the judge, he is sick?????

Asked on 7/25/00, 11:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC

Re: Visitations

If you don't have a lawyer, get one. This is not a case for do-it-yourself.

You will prove your case by the testimony of witnesses who know first-hand about his abusiveness; you will provide the Judge with copies of his letters as admissions against interest; you will provide police reports, his prior conviction record and any other documentation which will support your case against this visitation.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/00, 2:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Federal Tort Claims Act Litigation questions and answers in Illinois