Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Illinois

My fiance's ex constantly makes public comments regarding me whenever we see her. I am respectful and try to avoid it from happening. It is always at the children's functions that we are both attending. Very inappropriate and I will not lower mysel to respond, but it has been ongoing for two+ years and I want it to stop. Is this slander? The only time we see this woman is children's functions and court when something needs to be adjusted. She waits for me and then yells in a crowd of people at me whore, home wrecker, trash, tramp. Now they have been separated for 4 years and divorced for two and ever since I came into the picture she won't stop this in public!! I don't give her any reason to, I do not look at her or ever say anything to her. My fiancÚ has many police reports on her due to her abrasive attacts and harassing of him on email and texts and phone calls. The police officers even write in heir reports that hey are taken back by the names his woman calls een him. She is very foul mouthed and if she wants to be angry forever and never move on, that is her choice, but I as well as he don't need to be verbally attacked constantly. Just turn the other direction and keep your mouth shut... Is there anything we can do? His daughter will be graduating from HS this next month and she has a dance recital next month as well, so looking forward to those two wonderful events but not looking forward to her behavior we know will come along with it! :(

Asked on 4/05/13, 6:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

If you or she feels fearful for your safety you can try to get an order of protection.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/13, 1:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Illinois