Legal Question in Immigration Law in Illinois

I have a brother who is a citizen of the United States. What are the chances of me getting citizenship from him? I am currently in legal position staying in the United States with a Student Visa.

Asked on 5/22/13, 5:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho

He may apply for your permanent residency.

But depending upon what country you are from, you are looking at 12+ years to get any type of immigrant benefit through that petition.

U.S. Immigration Attorney | International Marriage Lawyer


Michael S. Cho

Attorney & Counselor at Law

10940 Wilshire Boulevard, 16th Floor

Los Angeles, California 90024

Phone: 323.238.4620

Fax: 323.345.5477


Read more
Answered on 5/22/13, 9:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Illinois