Legal Question in Immigration Law in Illinois

H1-B related

One of my friends is here on H1-B from last four months. He is on bench till date.He is not getting paid by his employer.His H1-B is not revoked or cancelled by his employer. I am owner of motel(operating business as LLC).I am willing to help him, if I can. Can I sponser him H1?If yes, what are the chances of approval?Would he has to leave the country to get new I-94? His present I-94 is valid for another 24 months.

Thank you

Asked on 2/14/02, 6:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fariba Faiz Law Offices of Fariba Faiz

Re: H1-B related

If you are interested in employing your friend and there is an actual match between your proposed position and his qualifications, and the H-1B has not been revoked, you may be able to sponsor your friend for employment. Your friend will not need to leave the US to get new I-94. Nonetheless, to make sure everything is in proper form, it may be good to use an immigration attorney for this type of transfer.

Read more
Answered on 2/14/02, 6:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Illinois