Legal Question in Mediation in Illinois

I had workout equipment that a friend stored for me for 7 years. For the last 2 years I have asked him for it back, he finally admitted he sold it. What recourse do I have?

He now is saying I should pay a storage fee for said items over the course of 3 years.

Asked on 8/25/10, 12:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nima Taradji Taradji Law Offices

You have several choices:

1- is to do nothing and accept the fact that the item is sold.

2- You can at least get the money from the guy for the sales price.

3- You can sue him for the replacement cost of the item--his claim that you owe him storage fee is without merit if he never mentioned it to you before.

4- Mediate the issue and come to an agreement you both can live with (you can contact my office for referrals in that respect).

I hope this helps-

Read more
Answered on 8/30/10, 12:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Mediation questions and answers in Illinois