Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

My father is in poor health and really isn't following doctors orders to take care of himself. My question is this, if something was to happen to him would I be able to take over the mortgage payments on his property and keep it?

Asked on 9/12/17, 9:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elfreda Dockery Law Office of Elfreda Dockery

Your father has to transfer title to your name before he dies. If not, then you may have to probate the estate to get the title of the real estate in your name. Before the real estate is transferred to your name in probate, you have to pay off the existing mortgage.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/17, 3:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois