Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

If the judge told me I have to file an answer on a foreclosure case what does this mean

Asked on 5/07/10, 9:22 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Bradley Sayad Lebow, Malecki & Tasch, LLC

It means you need to file with the clerk of the court a written document wherein you either admit, deny or lack sufficient knowledge to each of the allegations contained in the bank's complaint. There are probably examples online.

Read more
Answered on 5/12/10, 9:26 am
Caroline Palmer Law firm of Caroline Palmer

There is also a foreclosure help desk at the Daley Center Room 1303, run by the Chicago Legal Clinic that will help you draft your answer and give you advice for free.

Read more
Answered on 5/12/10, 10:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois