Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

I own property in Ontario (I am a U.S. citizen). It is a tenants in common deed. The other tenant died with no relatives, no will and no will filed in probate (died in Ohio). How can I legally become sole owner?

Asked on 10/05/17, 2:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Henry Repay Law Offices of Henry Repay

I am sorry for your loss. Concerning the property, consult an attorney in Ontario. I am guessing that one way or another you will need to deal with the heirs (as remote as they may turn out to be).

Read more
Answered on 10/05/17, 5:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois