Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

What type of attorney do I need to file a lien and what is the best way to find an attorney in my area?

Asked on 1/24/18, 12:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

If you are taling about a mechanic's lien, any mechanic's lien attorney in Chicago should be appropriate; your specific zip code should not be a limitation as such. Also, since you might have to 'foreclose' on it, you'll want an attorney likely downtown near the courts. You can call the Chicago Bar Association's lawyer referral service for a mechanic's lien attorney, or you can google "mechanic's lien attorney Cook County IL". There are also companies that specialize in filing mechanic's liens for contractors but do not handle litigaton if needed. We just can't make specific recommendations, but you are urged to take timely action as liens have specific filing and notice date requirements. If it's any other kind of lien relating to real estate (such as a landlord's lien allowed under a lease, for example only), you will need to consult a real estate attorney in the first instance.

Read more
Answered on 1/26/18, 7:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois