Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Illinois

i am legal guardian of my mother, i am selling her home since she is in a nurising and putting the funds in a trust fund and me as pleanry guardian. My brothers have stolen all of her money and have benn sued in civil court in which we prevailed, and there are criminal (federal) charges pending. However they still named in the will, can they put a lis pend on the house to prevent it from being sold even if their crimes have shown gain

Asked on 4/06/10, 6:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steve Raminiak Law Offices of Steve Raminiak, P.C.

It may be more advantageous to Petition the Court to draft a new Will for your mother. However, I need to know many more facts before I can respond further. Feel free to give me a call to discuss. I won't charge for an introductory phone call about this.

Read more
Answered on 4/14/10, 8:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Illinois