Legal Question in Workers Comp in Illinois

My father fell at work and his employer doesn't want to pay. My father had a bad concussion and he told in the ER report that he got dizzy and fell. He meant, he got dizzy after he got up. His employer is using that statement against him. English is his second language and he had a can they even take that statement seriously? What can we do?

Asked on 4/05/16, 4:21 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Candiano Candiano Law Office

You need to hire a Worker's Compensation attorney as soon as possible. Attorneys are willing to help you but we are not allowed to solicit your business. You need to contact us. Most of us are more than happy to answer any questions you may have without any cost or obligation.

Candiano Law Office

Charles J. Candiano

53 West Jackson Blvd.

Suite 1337

Chicago, IL 60604

(888) 373-9964 toll-free

(312) 465-2914 telephone

(312) 624-8184 fax


email: [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 4/05/16, 5:31 pm
Mike Helfand

He simply needs to have a case filed. Most Arbitrators will understand the language barrier issue and it can be explained away at a trial if your Dad comes across as honest. If you'd like our help call us at (800) 517-1614.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/16, 7:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Illinois