Legal Question in Banking Law in India

wilful offender

hi i unknowingly gave a computer

dealer goods worth 11 lakhs out of

which 3 lakhs are paid rest of the

7cheques have bounced ,after

finding out i found that this is his

normal way of working as many

traders he has cheated like this ,he

has a lawyer freind who is helping

him to dupe traders and even the

bank manager from where the

cheques are issued is with him what

should i do ,he is asking me to put a

case on him in a casual way,please

let me know

Asked on 5/28/08, 4:26 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Homi Maratha N.N. Maratha & Co.-Advocates

Re: wilful offender

I would suggest you to file a complaint u/s. 420 of the IPC so please contact a local lawyer as soon as possible.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/08, 12:20 am

Re: wilful offender

You have no option but to proceed against the person.There are ways to recover the amount and get the person punished for his wrongs.Consult with details,professional charges are applicable.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/08, 6:54 am
Aniruddha Pawse Aniruddha.P.Pawse Advocates

Re: wilful offender

Already Replied

Read more
Answered on 5/28/08, 8:10 am
J. Radhakrishnan independent Practice

Re: wilful offender

Better file a complaint for cheating with the local police besides following procedure under Sec.138 N.I.Act and if the Police do not co-operate, file a complaint both under Sec.420 IPC as well as under Sec.138, within the time mentioned under the latter section.Proceed in consultation with local lawyer instead of soliciting general answers from this forum

Read more
Answered on 5/28/08, 11:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in India