Legal Question in Family Law in India

hello Sir,

I think u can help me so m explaining u my whole story. my husband and i got married 3 yrs back. it was a love marriage n his parents were not agreeable for this marriage they got agree under the pressure of their son.

after 2 yrs of marriage we got shiftd to singapore my husband got job there during my stay at my in laws plc they tortured me alot they abused me my family in my husband's absence they used to taunt me alot. and sumtimes i used to share all the things to my husband but he never reacted on that. after shifting to singapore for 3 months he was normal wid me but right after tht he started harrasing me he used to torture me for divorce. he asked for mutual concent divorce first bt i dint get ready for tht thn he came back to india n filed divorce case on mental cruelty. he misbehaved wid me in singapore he used to beat me n daily give threats of divorce. he was not consuming his married life there was no relationship between us n whnever i used to approach him he used to push me back. jst to harrase me mentally he never used to talk to me n never replied of my talks.

he thrown me out frm his house from singapore n my in laws thrown me out from my india house. nw m stayin wid my parents. after receving divorce notice i hv filed DV/RCR/125 crpc.

The report which he has tht i tried committing suicide is a fake report. hw cn i proov in the court tht the report is fake..??

plz tell me

1) legal steps taken by me are correct.

2) case is pending in CAW cell they r not coming in the hearing in caw cell n not givin me back my stridhan can this help me in makin my case strong.

3) should i go for 498A ? if yes then can I take 498A back after harrasing him ? coz i really wnt to teach him a lesson.

4) is there a possiblity tht their lawyer is suggesting them not to attend CAW cell hearing..?? coz our first hearing of divorce case is in jul.. everytime they make an excuse tht will see in the court what will happen coz our son does not want to stay wid her.

5) how can i proov domestic violence and 498 A ? how can i collect evidence since we r not stayin together.

6) i was working through out my married life. does it make any difference in getting maintenance ? right now m not working. can he save his money by not paying me maintenance n givin reason tht i can earn n servive ?

Thanks and Regards,


Asked on 6/22/10, 4:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

vijyant nigam vijyant nigam & associates advocates (M.09807349001)

u can go for all the remedies available to u:



restitution of conjugal rights


child custody

at the later stage u can also go for compromise, any time, if he wants to...

thanks and regards

Read more
Answered on 6/22/10, 5:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India