Legal Question in Federal Tort Claims in India

My wife has loged a fake complaint against me in Criminal Women Cell of Dowry. Criminal Women Cell officials are registering the case and told me to give the stridhan back to the wife other they will put section 406 including 498 and they further informed that my bail cannot be take place if they put section 406 against me while registering the case. I wan to give stridhan back to wife only through court and not through women cell. I have also asked my wife to come home she is not liviing with me since July 2008 and we have no physicail relations since one and a half year. I want to know, what will happen if i had done nothing wrong with my wife and she loged a false complaint against me. Wil the case they register shall be in my favour? Will the court ask my wife to produce the proof of her allegations?. Will I get true justice. I have already filed a appeal at court about this and court has warned crime women cell to look into the complaint of my wife properly and futher directed if they found that the complaint is fake then don't registered the case. Crime Women Cell officials are pressuring me and saying that to give Rs. 400000/- to my wife as Alimony. My wife is working and getting Rs. 18000/- per month. I want to know is she deserve the Alimony when she is working and earning more than me..? I told them that i will give only Rs. 150000/- because I cannot arrange s. 400000/- for the reasons that we belongs to a middle class family and we don't have that much money. Please let me know what will be happened if they registered the wrong case against me and drag me at court. Will Court look into the matter seriously as most of the cases belongs to section 498 are fake cases and educate womens are using the section as a weapon. Is court aware of this type of mentality of women. I await your reply

Asked on 8/21/09, 7:20 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Already answer you.

Your further clarification is welcome at nominal fee at;

[email protected]




We also have branches all over India.

With Regards

Read more
Answered on 8/21/09, 9:28 am
Seshadri Srinivasan

If you are innocent the court will acquit you.

There is no need to pay alimony if your wife is better employed.

Read more
Answered on 10/08/09, 7:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Federal Tort Claims Act Litigation questions and answers in India