Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Indiana

I am addicted to pain killers that have been prescribed to me for the last 4 years. My doctor had me taking 180 10mg norco (hydrocodone), 180 10mg percocet (oxycodone) and 120 30mg OxyContin every two weeks. I do not have a diagnosed medical condition and started this pain pill thing over pain in my lower back. As a result of my addiction I have lost everything, am suffering from severe depression and am in a methadone treatment facility now. I cannot hold a job and dont know what to do. He had me taking 5 times the FDA allowed dose of acetominophen-apparently but I didnt care, I needed it to get out of bed. Did my Doctor hurt me and should he be owning up to his part in this situation?

Asked on 9/06/12, 9:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Larry Jackson Jackson Law Firm, LLC

You may have a cause of action against the doctor. I would be glad to speak with you once you are out of the treatment facility. I hope things start heading in a better direction for you.

Larry Jackson

Jackson Law Firm, LLC

PO Box 806

Fishers, IN 46038

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 9/06/12, 3:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Indiana