Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

Child custody

My ex husband has custody of my children. He recently sent my daughter to live with his mother without petitiong the courts or notifying me. He is still collecting child support for this child but not supporting her. He is telling my children that I am not paying support therefore he cant even buy a hat for my son. He says what support he gets has to go on bills. Also is there a way I can petition for an accounting of the money spent? And is what he done by sending my daughter to live with the grandparents without notification legal? Thank you

Asked on 3/27/00, 5:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marvin Coffey Marvin E. Coffey Attorney at Law

Re: Child custody

There are some things you don't tell us. For instance, the state the decree was entered, whether the grandparents and father live in Indiana, and whether you were exercising your visitation on a regular basis. We don't know the reason he has custody or if there is any reason why you could not get custody. Assuming there is no reason or facts that would keep you from obtaining custody of the children, it would be appropriate for you to request a change of custody. The court would decide on what is in the best interest of the children. I suggest you contact counsel of your choice.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/00, 12:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana