Legal Question in Banking Law in Indiana

I recently found out that my grandmothers finances are in disarray. From what I have found in her bank statements, it appears as though her executrix and possibly 2 other people have been forging her signature and make checks to themselves, in amounts of $60.00 - $500.00 I'm not sure how long this has been going on. However, she is now basically down to her monthly income. She has asked me to take on the role of her Durable power of attorney (no one is currently authorized) and I'm willing to do that. But, I am not sure how to proceed with investigating this issue or who to contact about this. The checks were deposited to their personal accounts, obvious forgery of at least 4 different signatures. I'm also concerned with is this also a possible law suit against her bank?

Asked on 6/25/14, 6:15 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

Get your grandmother in to a lawyer to discuss a course of action. Too much information needs to be exchanged for this forum. You should also report thefts to the police.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/14, 2:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in Indiana