Legal Question in Construction Law in Indiana

.We contacted a company to fix a leak in our roof in late may and they said it would be a quick afternoon job. We signed a contract for just under $2000 worth of work. we paid $1750 up front and were told we can pay the rest when finished. It took them over a month to start the job. After completed it still leaked so we called and weeks later they finally made it out again. still leaked. called with no response for weeks. called again to main office and finally got a call back. they have been out to the house a handful of times and each time they do something more "ghetto" making it look worse. I have to repeatedly call to get them to do anything... it is now January and i have cold air and melted snow and mold in my bathroom. I also got a letter from them saying our payment is past due. In the letter it says our contract date was August.I have a copy of the contract and it was not drawn in August.. what can i do?

Asked on 1/04/14, 9:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

To do things correctly, you should really go through an attorney. You will have to make the proper demand upon your contractor for rectification of the problem, document your efforts by chronological diary, keep photos and get an estimate from a reputable contractor as to what it will take to make right. But this isn't a do-it-yourself project. Go through an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 1/07/14, 1:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in Indiana