Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

check deception

I can't get out of work to go to my court date. what do i do

Asked on 9/07/08, 11:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: check deception

If you are the defendant in a criminal case, and you fail to make a court appearance, then the court will issue a bench warrant for your arrest. Police will then be able to haul your carcass off the street and into the county jail, at any time of the day or night. So you stand to lose a lot more than half a day at work. So don't be an idiot. Confer with your attorney. I suggest you do whatever it takes to satisfy the prosecutor and court staff that you are a responsible citizen. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/07/08, 11:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana