Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

debt collection

I owed a hospital bill and the hospital took me to court. I said that I could only pay 20 a month which I have been doing. I have no job and I am pregnant. Noe the lawyer for the hospital said that 20.00 isn't enough and is going to put a body attachment on me. This is really putting alot of stress on me which is not good for the baby. Is there anything I can do to stop him. I have been makinf my 20.00 payments. I think this is harrassment

Asked on 10/28/07, 10:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


Re: debt collection

You can file Bankruptcy and dishcarge the debt, along with any other unsecured debt you have. A bankruptcy would make the entire law suit go away and you would never hear from the attorney again.

Read more
Answered on 10/28/07, 6:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana