Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

I just received notice that I'm being sued by a credit card company. The notice is dated 7/24/18 and says I need to respond within 20 days. I just recently moved from Indiana to California and am thinking the notice was lost somewhere in the process of my address getting changed. What should I do? I have not received anything else regarding this. I am also wondering what I should say if I respond. Awhile ago, I engaged a debt consolidation company to help me with my debts. This account was supposed to be included, but I just found out from them that it somehow wasn't. Also, this suit filed in Indiana, but I recently moved to California.

Asked on 10/12/18, 1:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

It doesn't matter if you live in California or if the notice reached you late. You must either appear and answer or you lose by default. But if you owe the money, it doesn't make much difference.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/18, 12:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana