Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Indiana

Copyright - Music

I am asking this question for my cousin as she has no access to computer, etc. She previously recorded a cd of her own written music. One band member paid $ towards making the cd in his studio(she did not ask for this $ help) Since then she has been deemed mentally disabled. He obtained a copywright for her music, stealing it. What kind of recourse does she have if any? How and where does she go to get help? Is there a place for her to go to get help for being taken advantage of in her situation? She has very little $

Asked on 8/16/06, 9:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: Copyright - Music

You should resubmit this question in another category. This is a copyright, not a discrimination question. Your cousin has the copyright to her music, unless she sold it. The "producer" might have a copyright to the CD format. But you should put this question in the proper area so lawyers who know more about the matter than I do can respond. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/06, 11:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Indiana