Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

My daughter's father is taking me to court to get full custody. We already have joint custody! What grounds would the father have to have to get full custody?

Asked on 5/11/12, 3:29 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Renee Babcoke Law Office of Renee M. Babcoke

Carefully read the documents that you were served with. They probably set forth the legal and factual grounds. If they don't, you should consult with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/12, 8:59 pm
Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

As Ms. Babcoke states they should be stated in the Petition to Modify Custody. Regardless, you should hire counsel to assist you. Contested custody cases are best handled with the assistance of a professional.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/12, 7:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana