Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

I am currently going thru a divorce and custody battle, my husband claims to have evidence of my affair and that I endangered my daughter, he is using this information to get me to agree to his terms of the divorce ( he demands full custody and no child support to me) I did have a relationship with another man and i did go to dinner with my daughter and him ( my daughter is 7 mo old) He states that he has video evidence of me and my lover having relations in the car with my daughter ( this did happen on one occasion, spur of the moment) can he use this and take her away from me? other than that mistake its the only thing. I want to fight for her because I have always been the primary caregiver.

Asked on 7/04/13, 8:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

If you want to fight for her, you will take this information to your attorney and discuss the odds with him or her. You will NOT try to represent yourself. Yes, he can use your sex in front of the child against you. It will not be the only factor a judge would consider.

Read more
Answered on 7/05/13, 6:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana