Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

I filed a motion for contempt against my ex-husband before we were divorced because he violated the protective order against him more than once and the prior judges gave him a warning only for the last judge hearing the case to dismiss motion due to divorce being finalized days after hearing. THis is not right. WHat can I do? THe evidence was clear that he violated the order but court notes were not detailed enough to show each judges decision with each motion for contempt. I feel violated by the courts just because I can't afford to keep hiring lawyers to get justice. What can I do?

Asked on 7/14/13, 3:52 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

The courts do not look out for you because you do not have an attorney to represent you is a little bit like saying the hospitals do not look out for you because you cannot afford a doctor. Doctord and lawyers that are the professionals that can represent you in those areas. You need to contact an attorney, and if you are not working, can contact legal services in your area.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/13, 3:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana