Legal Question in Federal Tort Claims in Indiana

sue FEMA

If I want to sue an entity like FEMA, can I simply list FEMA as the defendant with the headquaters address in DC, or do I have to find an officer of the agency and list them?

Asked on 2/04/04, 2:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: sue FEMA

Just name the agency and serve the agency and the local U.S. Attorney. Not to discourage you, but if you have a decent case, you should be able to find an attorney in your county to represent you. There are quite a few procedural pitfalls in any federal case, especially FTCA cases. Call your county bar association and ask for a referral.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/04, 3:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Federal Tort Claims Act Litigation questions and answers in Indiana