Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Indiana

loaned money

i loaned my friend $400 over a year ago with the promise of paying me back. nothing was put in writing so is there anything i can do to get this money because he refuses to pay me back

Asked on 11/19/08, 8:07 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Re: loaned money

sue him in small claims court. If you have any documentation such as an atm receipt or a cancelled check attach it to your notice of claim. If you have witnesses, bring them to the hearing.

good luck

Read more
Answered on 11/19/08, 9:05 pm
Nasir Butt Nasir Law Associates

Re: loaned money

With the help of circumstantial evidence, being the law suit in small claims court.

Read more
Answered on 11/28/08, 9:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Indiana