Legal Question in Mediation in Indiana

Medication Legalities

My daught of 20 moved out a few days age and she is severly Asmatic (to the tune of $80,000 in the lst three years). The ones she is staying with are not letting her come and get her meds. Is there anything we as parents can do?? This is life threatening if she has an attack.

Asked on 7/15/09, 9:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Larry Jackson Jackson Law Firm, LLC

Re: Medication Legalities

Since your daughter is 20 and living independently, you likely cannot bring anty type of legal action to assist your daughter. It is unclear to me why she cannot simply leave the place she is staying. Is she physically restrained? Can you not bring the medication to her? If she is being held against her will, by all means you can call the local police and report the situation. I would need additonal information to be able to advise you any further.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/09, 10:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Mediation questions and answers in Indiana