Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Indiana

Several years ago, my father had surgery to repair a damaged rotator cuff in his shoulder, for which he signed an agreement absolving the surgeon of further damage during the surgery. However, as they moved him onto the operating table, they dropped him on the floor and damaged his other rotator cuff, resulting in further surgeries to his other shoulder and spine to repair the damage. Given that the damage occurred prior to the surgery, does he have any legal recourse against the hospital? He is now on disability, suffers from neuropathy, and his quality of life has greatly diminished.

Asked on 8/03/14, 3:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Your father had two years from the date of the injury to file a claim. If the two years have not passed,it sounds like there maybe a claim. There are exceptions to the two year rule and I suggest that you contact an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/14, 4:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Indiana