Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

Contaminated beverage

A friend of mine visited a bar a week ago. After one alcoholic beverage my friend blacked out and does'nt remember anything about the night or how he even got home. He experienced chest and stomach pains the next day and he went to the doctor. The doctor ran some test and came to the conclusion that he had Rohypnol(the date rape drug called ruffies) in his system. The only people that handled his drink besides him was the bartender who we later com to know is the ex-boyfriend of the girl he is seeing. I guess my question is, is the bar and/or bartender lible to any extent and should my friend seek legal assistance.

Asked on 10/06/02, 9:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Bator Bator Redman & Shive

Re: Contaminated beverage

Your friend should call the police andfile a complaint-this is very serious! He also may have a case against the establishment that served him dpeending on the background and history of the bar and the employee-it is woth investigating!

Read more
Answered on 10/07/02, 9:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana