Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

lawyer needed?

Due to being rear-ended, I have medical problems requiring surgery. My insurance company stated it was up to me to settle any disputes for compensation. They will pay medical bills to the Dr, but it is my job to go for any other medical / injury payments.

Should I contact a lawyer and have them handle the case, or is there a set rate that i should settle for?

I have a ruptured disk and surgery will be required to fix. If I go it alone, what is standard amount? I don't want to soak the guy, but I do want to make sure I'm covered for future problems.

Asked on 8/08/05, 12:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Voyle A. Glover Attorney at Law

Re: lawyer needed?

You absolutely do need an attorney.

Make no statements to the insurance company unless and until you've spoken with an attorney. Get a copy of the police report as that will be something the attorney will need to have.

Read more
Answered on 8/08/05, 3:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana