Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

my mother in law's boyfriend of 13 years bought us (her son's family)a house the house is in his name we pay the morgage to him every month. there's no reciepts,or lease it's a verbal agreement we'd never have to move again. January 2008 my mother in law passed away.August 2008 the house was bought. now the guy has a new girlfriend and wants us to move out of the home for no reason. We also found out 4 house payments that we gave him he never paid the morgage. Is there anything i can do? we have 6 children 2 are on disability my husband is also on disability he has terminal testicular cancer.We don't understand the turn aroundon his part PLEASE HELP....

Asked on 8/03/09, 11:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

You may have a suit for a constructive trust. However, the litigation is likely to be expensive if he fights. However, a letter from counsel might be enough to convince him that he should not proceeed. You also need to explain more about what you mean by he bought the house. I cannot tell if you mean that he put it in his name due to your poor credit or if he actually paid anything that you did not reimburse.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/09, 12:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana