Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Indiana

My Grandmother passed away and my Mom, her 3 sisters and brother appointed another brother as the executor of the estate. This brother decided to fix up my Grandmothers house etc., then started paying himself for labor etc. He has a lawyer who is suppose to be representing the estate (which isn't much) but now is saying well he's in control he doesn't have to give you anything or any details. 2 sisters & my Mother want him removed. What can be done? My Mother was my Grandmothers only care giver for numerous years & doesn't want anything, but is sick over this because her brother took my Grandmothers jewelry to find out how valuable ( the highest worth 400.00) and told the family whoever wanted it would have to put in the highest bid. Please give me any advice.

Asked on 10/04/09, 6:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mary J. Hoeller, R.N., J.D. Attorney At Law

You should have your mother contact a lawyer. Mary 633-4002

Read more
Answered on 10/04/09, 7:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Indiana