Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Indiana


I and my sister are the execiters of our Mother's will. She passed at 92 last week. The lawyer that helped her make her will is now a Judge. Do we need to get another lawyer to ''release this present will'' or can we just do what she asked to be done in the will.??

Asked on 5/12/08, 12:14 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mary J. Hoeller, R.N., J.D. Attorney At Law

Re: wills

You will need to consult with an attorney to get the answer to that question. Mary

Read more
Answered on 5/12/08, 12:01 pm
C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: wills

You are always entitled to hire a different lawyer from the one who drafted the will. I don't understand the phrase "release this present will." I suggest you confer with a lawyer who is experienced in probate law, and don't be afraid to ask her to take the case on an hourly rate rather than percentage of the estate. You are generally better off with an attorney bumbling around on the case rather than bumbling around yourself. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/12/08, 6:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Indiana