Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Iowa

I am an American writer. I need to transfer my royalties to the publishing company I have just set up in another country. This is for the purpose of asset protection, so I'm doubtful whether it is sufficient to simply assign the royalties. Do I need to change the copyright info in the books? What steps do I have to take to accomplish this so that I am fully protected?

Asked on 4/27/13, 3:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Moens Moens Law Offices, Chartered

You should discuss the details of your situation directly with an attorney. I would assume your assets are significant, so you certainly do not want to risk loss of those assets by saving a few bucks setting this up on your own.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/13, 7:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Iowa