Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Iowa


I bought a house. Shortly after I got engaged then married. We are now getting divorced. Not even married a year. Can I sell my house or are there dower rights. I live in Iowa. I basically need to know can I sell the property without her permission or no.

Asked on 3/05/17, 5:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Moens Moens Law Offices, Chartered

Your spouse will need to sign the deed transferring the property if you sell.

Read more
Answered on 3/06/17, 6:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Iowa