Legal Question in Traffic Law in Iowa

i received a letter via regular parcel post in the mail, stating that I owe an outstanding fine for speeding in IA. Offense date 3/6/98. I live in GA. I called IA clerk of court, they do not have original document, nor can they tell me anything other than the amount due. Do I need to pay this?

Asked on 5/12/17, 9:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

maybe not, but there is an interstate compact for traffic offense reporting involved and there may be a bench warrant for your arrest.

I'm a little suspicious as to the source of the letter. What you can do is check the Iowa Courts Online website and see whether there's anything listed in your name and what county it's from..

Read more
Answered on 5/12/17, 11:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Iowa