Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Kansas

i filed chpt 7 bankruptcy in Oct 2010. i reaffirmed a car loan through chase auto finance and have paid as agreed for the entire term of the loan thus far. Chase tells me that they have no record of the reaffirmation. Does this mean that the car is still included in the BK, and if i stop making payments they can repo and i walk away from the vehicle without further damage to my credit or money owed?

Asked on 2/17/12, 2:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

This is an excellent question to ask your bankruptcy attorney. They will be able to tell you how and as what this debt was listed. Hopefully they will tell you that you caqbn walk away from the debt. But, since you have been paying, it might be treated as new debt.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 2/17/12, 3:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Kansas