Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Kansas

How do I know if I have a case? I was recently assaulted (put in fear of battery) and had a minor mental breakdown. I have a mild form of autism called Asperger's. This assault occurred after a class at the local recreation center by a classmate. I was then kicked out of the class. The reason they gave me was that they thought i might disrupt class if this had happened during class instead of after, however, I do not have these sort of things often -- in fact, the last one I had was over 5 years ago. The man who assaulted me has done this kind of thing before to others. I fear he may do it again. I'm also not happy with the way the recreation center treated this. They have no discrimination policies and they still feel like kicking me out despite me being the victim was the correct choice. Can I do anything about this?

Asked on 8/17/12, 8:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

You may have a case against the recreation center and/ or the classmate. However, you may have only a short time to bring some claims. Therefore, you should consult directly with a civil practice attorney, in your area, as soon as possible.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 8/17/12, 8:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Kansas