Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kansas

My fiance is 27 now, two years ago (before i met him) he had consensual sexual intercourse with a female who he thought was of legal age (18). She told him she was 18. When my fiance and her met she was consuming alcohol, presenting herself in the social network of the older crowd, and was outside the house awful late for a girl that turned out to be 14 years old at the time. So now, my fiance was recently arrested for accusations of indecent liberties with a minor and is currently incarsarated. He has also been swab tested and knows very little about what he can do to keep himself from being labled a sexual predator and get back to his children as soon as possible. He's been incarsarated for about a month now. What's going on, and how do I figure what I need to do to help out? This is absolutely insane.

Asked on 11/29/09, 3:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If he has nto yet retianed counsel, you need to fidn an attorney for him as soon as you can. If he ( or you) cannot afford to hire counsel, he shoudl request appointed counsel from the court. These cases are impossible to predict in the abstract. They are always very dependent upon the specific facts of each case. Once you have an attorney that can look at the particular facts of his case, you can get some specific information as to what can be doen in his case. For now, the best you can do is help him get legal counsel.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 12/06/09, 6:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kansas