Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kansas

Can the police tap your cell phone if you have a misdemeanor warrant out for marijuana possession?

Asked on 10/02/13, 8:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

It would be very rare for a municipal officer to get a q

Warrant to "tap" a landline, and less so for a cell phone. It would be almost unheard of for such an officer to do so for a misdemeanor possession charge. A state bureau of investigation, or federal agent may be more likely to get a warrant. But, not for a misdemeanor.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 10/02/13, 9:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kansas